Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We Have Teeth!

So, last night was a little rough.

But let me back up. Yesterday, Jack had an off day. It wasn't anything amazingly bad, but he was a little cranky all day long. However, he did go to bed at a normal time, and with minimal fuss.

Then he woke up at 10:30. This wasn't unusual, since it had been almost 4 hours since he had last eaten. I nursed him as usual, and when he fell asleep in my arms, I transferred him to his crib. Little did I know that I was not done spending time with my boy.

Two hours later, I'm still up with him. He had decided he wasn't tired anymore and wanted to look around and see everything in his nursery. He climbed all over me looking at every corner of his room. He chewed on his pacifier like he usually does. Basically he refused to be tired. Needless to say, after two hours, I was tired, annoyed (is that OK to say?), and ready to go back to bed.

It was at this exact moment that my son looked me in the eyes, smiled, grabbed my head to bring it close, and gave me big sloppy kisses! Well, that worked! I was rejuvenated and went another half hour without being upset at missing my precious sleep.

But finally, I'd had enough, and I brought Jack to Daddy in our bed. I said, "Tag, your turn." I laid there beside them while Daddy and Jack sat in bed having a heart to heart. Jack looked around and took everything in that he could see (no lights were on). Daddy stayed up to make sure he didn't fall out of the bed (and I think he enjoyed his time with his son).

I guess a half hour or so later, Jack decided he was tired enough to lay down. He finally fell asleep at 1:30am. I took the risk and transferred him back to his crib. The whole time I was remembering that this is how we got to this point in the first place! But the transfer was successful, and we didn't hear from him again until his early morning feeding around 5:30am.

Now, I relay all this because, in the morning, when we brought him to our bed again (to try to catch a few more zzz's), I felt his gums like I do every morning. And I felt teeth! I made Hubby check, and he felt them too!

Ahhhhh, that explains it!!! Our newest Growth Chart moment.

Do teeth poke through clear? I thought I'd see little white bumps, but these are the same color as his gums so far. But they're just the tippy-tippy top of teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...