Thursday, July 16, 2009

Friends, Cleaning and Progression

So it's only been three days since my last post. It feels like it's been a week! This week has been a very busy week!! Jack and I have been out-and-about almost every day. We've spent a lot of time with friends and their kids. I love my friends. I love their kids. I have to admit that I love that I'm 'one of them' now - a friend with a kid. :)


This is one of Jack's best friends (on the left). He was born three months after Jack. (see how they don't even notice each other?)

By the way, this is my ring sling in that picture. I'm not sure I love it anymore. Now that Jack is bigger, I want to be able to sit him facing out. As you can see, it's a little awkward. I'm practicing though, and it is getting a little better. I've even practiced putting him on my back in the sling. It's very handy when I'm cooking and cleaning (speaking of....), but it's not something I can do out of the house. It's VERY tight around my front, umm, you know. And no one should have to see that. I am trying to practice it though, so that maybe some day I'll figure out how to wear him on my back without it looking too crazy in the front.

(speaking of cleaning...)

Today was a day for cleaning. We're expecting family tomorrow who have not met Jack, and they have never been to my house. Which means I HAVE TO CLEAN! Jack helped me today by taking a long nap. I worked like a dog, and there's still so much left to do. I am not the most stellar housekeeper. I keep thinking that if I get everything REALLY clean one time, I'll be able to do little spot cleaning to keep it up. Yeah right. I'm not that good. But things are changing now that I have a 6 month old. I am going to have to keep the floors cleaner than I used to when he starts crawling around them. For now I've been able to keep him on a blanket, but it's just a matter of time before he's off and exploring. Can't wait!!

Since this is a post of mere randomness (which seems to be what I do for now), I'll leave you with a 6 month progression photo of Jack. It's fun to see how much he's grown!



Maybe someday I'll have something worth writing about! Until then....randomness abounds! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...