Thursday, March 31, 2011

There’s a Road in Our Family Room

P3300007

Today, while I was reading through my many blogs, I found this post at The Mother Huddle that showed what a mom did with masking tape and floor space for her kiddos.  I fell in love!  I knew Jack would absolutely LOVE to have a road in our family room.  He ‘draws’ roads every time he puts crayon to paper.  He loves to ‘go for drives’ with me in my van (which is great because he usually falls asleep for a nap on these drives!)

So I went to the store today and bought some painter’s tape.  With my floor being the color of dirty-beige, I didn’t think regular masking tape would have as much of an impact as blue painter’s tape would have. 

P3300009

I LOVE how this road turned out!  I started putting the dotted lines down the middle, but he didn’t like them and made me take them off.  No problem.  That saved me some time and tape.

 P3300011

It’s big enough for him to drive his ride-on car, push his big haulers, or play with his matchbox cars.  I ended up making a road go by or end at every destination you’d need to go to in the room – the couch, front door, stairs, or kitchen.  We find ourselves walking on the road when we are just walking out to the kitchen now.  It’s so fun!

P3300012

We’ve been working with left and right while driving in the van –because Jack’s bossy and always says “Go diss way!!”  Now, with the intersections and turns in our roads, Rick was giving Jack directions tonight saying “now go left.” It’s going to be a good learning tool for sure. 

p.s. Thank you for not judging me and continuing to follow my blog even though I just showed you how stinkin’ dirty my floor is.

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!!! I'm sure Jack will have hours of endless fun with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Do you mind if I include it in a roundup?
    Thanks for letting us know, so makes our day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the Mother Huddle, too and saw this post as well. You did a great job. I love the way you made it wide enough for ride on toys. He is going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really cute!! And you should come to my house...then you would see some dirty floors!! :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment (chocolate on donut post). I like to meet kindred spirits. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...