Monday, March 28, 2011

Down 15, Up 2

Well, my diet is working well for me so far.  Since January, I have lost 15 pounds.  Unfortunately, I’ve gained 2 of them back.  But 2 isn’t that big of a deal, right?  For women, that’s simply water gain.  Right?

In case you don’t remember, weren’t here, or never read my blog (what are you doing here now?), I’m trying the Atkins Diet.  My sister lost around 50lbs and my brother-in-law lost around 60lbs on this diet.  I wrote about their success when I first mentioned going on this diet. 

So, what’s working for me?  Is it the One Plate Wonder?  Is it not eating carbs except for one time a day?  Is it exercise? 

Let’s just clear something up right now.  I haven’t started exercising.  I want to.  Well, okay, so I don’t WANT to, but I know I SHOULD.  Maybe when this weather decides to stay spring-like I’ll get out with Jack and go for walks.  For now, there isn’t any exercise happening in my life.

The One Plate Wonder (where I put everything I’m going to eat for my hour on one plate – including the dessert)  has worked sometimes, but other times I just forget about it or simply don’t take the 5 extra minutes it takes to plan out my meal to have it all in front of me at one time.  Those are the days where I spend my hour grazing.  Not pretty.

Not eating carbs except once a day has really helped a lot.  I don’t crave sugar nearly as much as I used to.  Now, we have entered into the season of Reeses peanut butter eggs, so the sugar I’m eating in my hour has increased 10-fold.  But other than my hour, I have not snacked throughout the day on sugary treats like I used to. 

You know what worked the best for losing weight?  Getting sick.  I was so sick that I lost 5lbs in one week.  I just simply stayed in bed and didn’t eat anything.  After I stepped on the scale that week, I had to say I was a little happy about being so sick. 

Let’s be reminded of the ‘before’ picture:

DSC04684

And now for a really bad, but shows some weight loss in the face picture:

P3250023

The joys of loosing weight so far:

My pants are loose and I can fit into more clothes in my closet!!! 

I was in a video for my church worship team and wasn’t as scared to see myself as I would have been 15lbs ago!

I feel better about myself!

I really hope to keep going with this.  I think it’s going to take exercise to really start dropping the pounds, but that’s to be expected.  Wish me luck!!

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Amanda! Your after picture shows you glowing! I can tell that you feel better. Don't be too hard on yourself--once the weather switches over, you will be out chasing Jack around the park and those pounds you don't like will fall right off! Really proud of you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am also dieting/exercising right now. And I actually way prefer the exercising to the dieting. I lost 10 pound really quickly but then I started going back to some bad eating habits so I haven't lost much in the last couple weeks.

    I don't think I could ever do the No Carb. I would be miserable :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! You look great! Losing slowly is definitely the way to make it stick. Now that spring is here (I chuckle because it is snowing right now), it will be easier to get active! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for you!!! yes...two pounds is nothin'! :)

    i wish i could get my rear in gear to formally exercise...guess i'll need to go out back and hike a mountain or something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! Keep up the great work and we are here to support you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...