Thursday, January 12, 2012

I’m Not Dead! (And Our Floors Are done)

I don’t think there were too many people out there wondering if I’d actually died or not, but I’m sure someone other than my mother was wondering if I was ever going to blog again.  I am!

I’d like to get back into a sporadic-regular blogging schedule, but we’ll let that work itself out in the future.  I have tons of stuff (by tons I mean about 5) to blog about, but I haven’t had the motivation to actually sit down and get any of it into word form. 

Anyway, I thought I’d update you on our floors.  They’re done!  They were done before Christmas, which meant we were able to host our annual family Christmas Eve celebration with my sister’s family and our mom.  I LOVE that Christmas get-together.  I love them all, really, but because this is the only one I host, it seems more special to me I guess.

PC240134

Here is a look at our floors in the few Christmas pictures I could find that showed off our floors. I never took a really great AFTER picture, so these will have to suffice. 

YAY!!!

This was the night that we actually finished.  I was in love.  We have since changed out the metal registers for wooden ones.

PC240173

Here is the widest shot we have from our Christmas Eve party.  Those are my sister’s boys.  Jack (and the rest of us) LOVE them!   You can see how our dark coffee table and our dark secretary (in the back to the left of the tree) look with our dark floors now.  I like it. Though, I have my eyes on a light beige shag rug (that I’m hoping comes way down in price soon) to put under that coffee table.

PC250213

This is our Christmas morning.  You may notice an absence of presents under the tree.  We usually stick to the rule of 3 presents for each of us, but this year, Rick and I decided to count our floors as our gift to each other, so we didn’t get gifts for ourselves.  I love how, on Christmas morning, I asked Jack “It’s Christmas morning, do you know what that means?” and his response was “Yeah!!  We get to get out the train!!” 

PC300151

This last picture is blurry.  Too blurry to show as a good picture on a blog – unless you’re trying to show the length of the new floors you just put in, and you’re trying to protect the identity of the Plasma Car thief in our house.  It also does a good job of hiding the clutter in our kitchen. 

We love our floors, but it was HARD WORK putting them in.  It took about a week (or 2) longer than we expected, and we had two big situations that required us to pull up floor that had already been laid.  It was very interesting ad frustrating. 

Thanks for still hanging around my blog to see if I’m alive.  I appreciate all my readers, even the ones who never comment.  If you are so inclined, please leave me a comment today saying that YOU’RE alive, so I know if anyone other than my mother reads my blog.  I have missed you, blog friends! I hope to be around more often on your blogs as well as writing more posts for my own blog.

Happy 2012!

 

5 comments:

  1. The floors look GREAT Amanda! I've been checking your blog frequently to see if there were any "after" pics. Hope to see you soon!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the floors! They look fantastic. I knew you were still alive because you have been pinning on Pinterest like a mad woman. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your floors look awesome. Someday I'll come by and see them in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, more than your Mom reads your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The floors look great! We did that when we first moved into our house six years ago but we weren't as ambitious and energetic as you guys -- we hired someone to do it. And as Kim said, I saw your Pinterest posts on fb so I knew you were still alive :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...