Saturday, September 5, 2009

Dirt and Dust

I have both dirt and dust in my house. I have never been one to keep a sparkling clean house. I don’t dust or vacuum on a regular basis. It gets done before company comes and when I can no longer stand it. I thank my mother for this lack of housecleaning skills. (Hi Mom!)
You’ll never know how much dirt and dust is in your house until you have a 7 month old crawling around, exploring his new found freedom. As soon as Jack found the window, I cleaned the window sill. Does that mean there is no more dirt in it? NO. As soon as Jack found the intake vent, I cleaned it. Does that mean there is no more dust on it? NO. As soon as Jack learned that he could fit nicely under the kitchen table, I swept and mopped the floor. Does that mean there are no more food particles, dirt, or dust under it? NO. I have come to the conclusion that, even though I will continue to clean my house *better than I ever have before*, I will never keep Jack from finding dirty or dusty places. I think that, in order to survive in my house, the boy needs to build up a little tolerance for dirt and dust. It’s boosting his immune system….right? Besides, he’s a BOY. Boys are dirt-magnets. They LOVE to be dirty. They don’t ever want to take baths, and they seek out puddles! I love boys.

By the way, I ‘walked’ around on my knees today as I dusted. I didn’t realize how dusty I’d let the bottom part of my house get. Who thinks to dust chair rungs?

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I love all of the pre-warnings that we get from you guys! In a few weeks/months I'll know to start dusting the chair rungs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dust? You mean we are supposed to dust?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...