I did another sewing project! This time, my mom had given me some of her old pants that she could no longer fit into (again, we won’t say WHY). I will make aprons out of a few, but I thought I might try making a pair of cute Capri's with one of them. As you can see here, my mom is slightly shorter than me… and all of her pants are PETITS!
So, I got busy making more fabric strips just like the ones I used for the apron and cutting off the ends of the pant legs. I attached fabric strips to the pant legs and sewed them on. Easy!!! As I was pinning the fabric to the pants, I thought, “This is going too smoothly.” Then, when I sewed both cuffs without having to rip out any stitches, I thought , “This is going too smoothly!” When I held up the final product, I giggled with delight and thought, “that went so smoothly!!!”
Then I tried them on.
It turns out that even though I tried on one pair of the many jeans she gave me, and they were the same brand, style, and size as the ones I just worked on, they didn’t actually fit the same. So, now I have a pair of ADROABLE pants that I love but can’t wear. I was so sad!
So I did what I had to do…I cut up another pair of pants and did the same thing over again with a pair of pants. I made sure to try them on immediately before sewing.
Of course, the second time around was not as smooth sailing. I had to re-pin both cuffs, and there were one or two seam ripping moments, but nothing too drastic.
If you are a proficient sewer, you can get this project done in a half hour I bet. It was super fast, super easy (both times), and super cute!
(I’m not sure why my head is chopped off, but I don’t have the time to tinker with it right now)
I really love them! I love my fabric (remnant from JoAnn’s), and I love that I have a dozen or so (that may be a slight exaggeration) teal tops that will match the pants perfectly!