Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Unscheduled Computer Break

Ok, so I've had some issues with my laptop.  I'm not very easy with it I guess.  I broke the original power cord that came with it, so I had to buy a universal power supply cord to charge it.  I broke that a few days later, so it now has toothpick splints and electrical tape to keep it from falling out of the computer.  The battery has decided to 'die' and won't charge anymore.  I can still use my laptop while it's plugged in, which is what I do, but it will only work for a few minutes when it's unplugged. 

I don't have a usual spot for my laptop to sit while I use it.  It is a real LAP top.  I sit many different places around my house with- it on my lap, arm of the couch, or kitchen table.  All the while I am trying to keep little baby fingers from ripping any more keys from the keypad.  Thanks to my friend Aaron, I have a new keypad and a fixed monitor hinge. I'm not sure he can fix my latest problem.

I dropped my laptop this morning from the arm of the couch to the floor.  It landed on the power cord.  It broke.  Do you know how much those cost?  LOTS$!  So, now I have a busted, expensive, power supply cord and no way to charge my battery.  My laptop is slowly becoming a big paper weight.  I'm not sure we can afford to buy yet another universal power supply cord.  (Aaron!!!  HELP!!!)

So, if you would be so kind as to stop blogging while I'm out of my internet office, that would be so kind.  If you would not post a funny Facebook status while I'm gone, that'd be great.  If you could not post adorable pictures of your cute babies, I would much appreciate it.

Hopefully I'll be back before Christmas. *sniff, sniff*

(and I didn't want to take battery time to check my spelling/grammar errors, so please ignore them today) :)

2 comments:

  1. Hope everything works out okay in the end...we'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new power adapter is on the way....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...